About the project
“Environmental protection and climate change”
” Small Circular Economy Grant Scheme”
FINANCIAL MECHANISM OF EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
The aim of the project is to develop and conduct educational campaigns to raise awareness regarding resource management, waste recycling and the circular economy among four vocational high schools and local communities in Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Shumen, Pirdop, by creating a partnership with Norway and knowledge transfer in the field of the circular economy. A specific goal of the project is to strengthen the bilateral partnership between the donor countries and Bulgaria. In this regard, the project is in line with the objective of the Program to improve the status of the environment in ecosystems and reduce the effects of pollution and other human activities and contribute to achieving the overall objectives of the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area 2014-2021 and in particular, reducing economic and social disparities in the countries of the European Economic Area and strengthening bilateral relations between donor countries and Bulgaria.
- Development of educational programs for students and teachers;
- Conducting educational campaigns inside and outside schools;
- Promoting activities in support of recycling and reuse of waste among local communities;
- Transfer of good practices on the circular economy and recycling to other schools in Sofia;
- Establishing a partnership between the organizations from Bulgaria and Norway;
- Sharing good practices and knowledge transfer from Norway.